Hi there, dear Brave Therapy™ friends and clients,
I hope you are all safe and healthy and somewhat adjusted to the current changes to our lives.
While it has been a big, stressful and somewhat painful change there has been so many beautiful, generous offering of resources out there.
I am sure you have been receiving all sorts of information and invitations in your inboxes. I wold like to share some of my recent favorites, maybe they have not reached you yet.
- This is a wonderful video by the senior faculty members of the Somatic Experiencing Institute and some exercises demonstrated by no-one else than Dr Peter Levine. I already skipped and vooo-d with him a few times today:)
- My dear friend and colleague generously hosting some online group connection spaces on Tuesday mornings. Please check her offerings out. She is a wonderful therapist, teacher and artist.
- And last but not least here is a site where you can learn some new ways of booogie if you inclined. This is not totally free, just for a week but still, worth to check it out.
Might see you on the virtual dance floor?
I hope you are safe and healthy, washing your hands and staying connected.
- Have a structure for my day. It is really important to be able to look forward to things, to have a sense of agency over our temporary situation. So what I do is, plan each day, when I do my exercise, when and how much I work and ‘socialise’ with physical distancing. I go outside when I can, and enjoy nature if the weather allows, or I do yoga or train at home. I do my admin work, writing, & research work at specific times, and I work through a to-do list, without perfectionism. I see my clients online in the usual times. Family connections are cultivated via FaceTime, phone calls, messages, and happen all over the world as timezones allow in the morning and the evening. A sneaky afternoon nap also happens here and there 🙂
- Limit my news intake. It is very important to keep informed since things have been changing rapidly in the last few weeks. But the constant scary information overload stresses out our system and can easily take us to a shutdown. I read, what I think is reliable source in the morning and watch a lighter summary in the evening.
- I have said it before, but I do think its worth saying again: exercise, exercise, exercise. We need to keep moving even if we are restricted to our homes. What’s really great that has come out of this situation is the huge amount of free online resource that is available now. I put together a few below.
- Learn something new. I find that learning something new inspires me and got my energy flowing. So I am learning singing (again) and some new exercises and dances.
- Stay in touch with loved ones. This can be hard when we feel stressed, hopeless or scared, and it is more important then ever before. I did find that a silly FaceTime call or using filters on messenger can really cheer me up.
Dear Brave Therapy™ Friends and Clients,
In the light of the recent unfolding of Covid-19 outbreak, listening to the health authorities I have made some decisions and changes in the practice.
For now I still see clients in my practice. The rooms are frequently cleaned and sprayed with disinfectants. I placed a hand-sanitizer on my bench and asking everyone to use it as soon they come in, or wash their hands before enter into my room.
If you sensitive to chemicals, we should proceed via online meetings for now. My cleaners do use 1/7 bleach to wash everything down and I use a tea-tree spray frequently.
I am looking after myself by socially distancing and not going into places where I can possibly get infected, I also walk to work and don’t use public transport. Of course there are no guarantees, so if you feel uncomfortable coming to the office, I will see you online.
I would suggest to everyone to download ZOOM, the software I use for online meetings. I have been conducting therapy online for a while now and it has been a positive experience, especially since I swapped my internet provider 🙂 I will be sending out detailed information about how we do therapy online.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to send me an email. Thinking of you all and hope we can all stay safe and calm together.
I will be going for a walk and a swim making the most of this beautiful weather, I hope you can do something nice for your nervous system and your soul as well today.