Somehow just wishing Happy New Year does not fit today. Our country is burning. The Earth is in distress, I think she might be outraged.
For many of us, loved ones; family and animals are in danger of the fires. It is hard to celebrate. So to bring Joy to myself today, I am choosing to practice gratitude.
Today reflecting back at the last year, I am grateful for:
- for my family, my amazing offsprings that I am lucky enough to host as a mother for this lifetime.
- for my family, brothers and parents, who are a lively bunch to share this lifetime with
- for my partner, who is really the only one who can keep up with me and my crazy bunch 🙂
- grateful for my friends,
- grateful for all my family, nephews and nieces, and sister in-laws and some of my exes’ and their families.
- and again grateful for my FRIENDS, really they are my family too
- grateful for my parents still being healthy
- grateful for my health, and my family’s health
- grateful for being able to have the hard conversations
- grateful for my job, my clients, that I can do what I love and passionate about, and weirdly cant really talk in details about to people :0)
- I am lucky and grateful to do a research that I love
- I am grateful for the privilege of education,
- for the privilege of good food and water that I can still have
- for a safe home
- for my cats, and for other people’s cats
- and for dogs of course 🙂
- grateful for having an incredible woman, like a sister in my life who has been with me for almost a lifetime :0)
- grateful for my mentor who is my family now too 🙂
- grateful for my body for keeping up with me 🙂
- grateful for the privilege to travel
- GRATEFUL FOR BEING ❤️ RIGHT HERE ❤️ RIGHT NOW ❤️ TODAY
Wow, interesting exercise, writing all this out I do feel much better, I might even get excited to celebrate.
Invite you to try, I hope it will work for you as it did for me.
Please stay safe.
Love to you all
Here is a little video from Brené to explain the science behind gratitude.